About Longhorn Bar & Grill
Situated in historic downtown Fort Calhoun, the Longhorn Bar and Grill is a long standing local watering hole in a historic building dating back to the mid 1800’s. Nina Givens Knoblauch purchased the building in 1957 and her son Ralph Givens and his wife Sandy operated the Longhorn for 54 years. Known for their chicken wings, the Longhorn became a gathering place for residents, family and friends. Jeanne Knight worked at the Longhorn for a few years in the early 2000’s and along with her husband Ken purchased the business 10 years later in 2011 from the Givens family. Longtime residents, the Knights have watched the Longhorn grow and change over the years and have continued to update the building.
Located near historic Fort Atkinson, the Longhorn attracts visitors, locals, and folks from surrounding communities with a relaxed, family friendly atmosphere with a Western Frontier flair. In addition to fresh chicken wings and Broaster ™chicken, the menu features fresh pattied burgers and house made salads and sandwiches. Boasting a party room and outdoor beer garden, the Longhorn supports local events and is a wonderful place to host a celebration.